Tuesday, December 1, 2020

you can't always get what you want....?


Sorry Mick (and co.), but I disagree. Yes, sure, sometimes you can't always get what you want. But others? Others you definitely can.


I look around--at me, at my life; at the lives of the people around me--and all I see is people getting what they want. The choices we make, the everyday choices we make, reflect just that--our desire to get what we want. What's more, what we do and choose and be and live (and don't choose and don't be and don't live) on a daily, hourly, minutely, second-ly basis tell us more about what we want than anything else.

There are certain things I want, but don't have. And I don't just really want them--I crave them. With all of my being, I crave them. They are the things that keep me up at night, that make me nervous and anxious, that make me question all of the choices I have made up until this point in my life. But, here's the thing: I don't really try for them. Not regularly; not consistently; not habitually.

I think the hardest thing is reconciling what we really want with what we think we want. Do I already have what I want? Or do I just have what I think I want? Or, do I have what...I can't even keep track :l This is the first entry that I've written that hasn't really come together in my head while I was writing (the writing of it is what usually makes it make sense to me). 

I guess all you + I can do is what we want to do. Even if we don't understand it; even if it goes against what we think we should be doing; even if...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.