Friday, February 19, 2010

but i couldn't scream, i couldn't shout...


...the song was coming from my mouth

Music. This entry is about music.
More specifically, its about music that I've found or come across recently--artists, songs, bands--that speak to me. I was originally going to say why I have been so affected by them, write a few lines about what it is about them that has captivated me so much--whether it be the song-in-question's catchy beat; it's beyond poetic lyrics; a beautiful arrangement; it's ability to motivate at the gym; its ability to comfort me; it's way of making me feel uneasy; the way it makes me laugh to myself; something it reminds me of...the list goes on. But I've since decided to not provide any explanations. Instead, I'll offer up my list and let you take from it what you will.

One of the best things in life is discovering a song that does something for you, that moves you, that sings to your soul in a way that makes you feel as if it was written just for you.

I hope one of my songs can be one of your songs, too.

Florence + the Machine- Cosmic Love*
Florence + the Machine- Bird Song*
Florence + the Machine- Between Two Lungs*
Florence + the Machine- Falling*
Florence + the Machine- Hardest of Hearts*
Florence + the Machine- Postcards from Italy
Florence + the Machine- Kiss With a Fist
Florence + the Machine- Howl
Florence + the Machine- Blinding
Florence + the Machine- Dog Days Are Over*
Florence + the Machine- I'm Not Calling You a Liar
Florence + the Machine- Flakes (Mystery Jets Cover)

Ok I know, you get it--I like Florence + the Machine. "Love" is a better word; "LOVE", better still. I will say this about her music: its perfect. Lyrics, music, sound, her voice...everything. Its like no song has to ever be written, ever again, because she's already written them all.


Little Boots- Hearts Collide
Little Boots- Remedy*
Little Boots- Beat Again
Little Boots- Love Kills
Little Boots- Earthquake
Little Boots- Ghost
One Republic- Good Life
Pixie Lott- Cry Me Out
Cheryl Cole- Parachute*
Cheryl Cole- Fight For This Love

Not much variety yet, I know...but it's only been a week. I'm still getting my bearings.

_____________________
* eSPECIALly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.