Wednesday, February 10, 2010

if i lived in a fridge...

I know i haven't written in a while...it's been a crazy month. But now that I have my laptop, rest assured I'll be writing more :)

In the meantime, here's a little sample of how I spend my days at "work": it's a poem I wrote today as my Year 5 class was working on their free-form poetry assignment in Literacy. Their/ our charge? To imagine what it'd be like to live somewhere else.....

If I Lived in a Fridge
If I lived in a fridge,
my days would be cold and dark.
The sun would come out sometimes,
but never for very long.

If I lived in a fridge,
I'd be the peanut butter
because I'm sweet and very very nutty.

If I lived in a fridge,
my sister would be the milk

because she refreshes and restores me when I need it most.
And because she and cereal are a perfect match.

If I lived in a fridge,
my brother would be the bread
because he's hard on the outside, but soft and mushy on the inside.

If I lived in a fridge,
my Mom would be all of the different types of cheeses
because she's strong and sharp, but soft and mild all at the same time.

If I lived in a fridge,
my Dad would be the light that turns on when the door opens
because
even though we can't always see him,
we know that he's always there, above Us.

If I lived in a fridge that was full of all of my favourite foods
the sun would come out sometimes,
but stay out always.

<3

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.