Sometimes I forget that I'm 27--and not 17 anymore. Now, don't get your little panties in a knot: this isn't a "oh my god, where has my youth gone" type of blog. Not at all. You know why? Because in most ways, I feel younger now than I did when I was younger. Strange, right? Allow me to elaborate.
I won't talk about how I was when I was 17, how its sooo different than how and who and what I am now. There are parts of me that are completely different and parts that are exactly the same...that's generally how the cookie crumbles. But it seems like now, I don't sweat the Big Stuff so much anymore (sidenote: yes, I still do sweat the small stuff and probably always will. A leopard never loses its spots, right? And I think that tha's just part in parcel of my whole "Little Things" philosophy anyways). Maybe I cry over silly things like being really tired, or losing my sunglasses (or anything else that others may see as trivial), or not being liked by someone. But--and here's the kicker-- I never cry or even worry about things like money or my career or marriage or family or any of the Adult stuff I prob should be thinking about--as a 27 year old girl/ woman (? I still prefer "girl"). That kind of Big Stuff will work itself out--it always does.
Big Things? Little. Little Things? Biggest.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.