Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"it's such fun to hum" :)


I should totally be asleep right now. Not so much because its late (its only 9:30pm, or 21:30 in European), but because I've been up since 3am (or 3:00 in European ;)). Why? No reason in particular. I didn't have to be anywhere at 3, 4 or even 5. I just couldn't sleep. These past few nights I've gotten maybe, in total, 6 hours of sleep. I didn't even have work today, so technically I could've napped. And I tried, too, more than once. But I just could not not stay awake. And now, instead of being on the midnight express to Sleepy Town, I am in TOTAL overdrive!!! Granted, the sugar from the white chocolate macadamia nut cookies I just picked apart/ mauled (for the white choc and mac nuts, obvs) isn't helping. I can only imagine what this crash will feel like :l

In any case, I thought I'd take a break from my silent singing/ room dancing/ house wandering to write a bit about allllll of the embarrassing things that have happened to me since arriving here. And, as my flatmates will attest, there has been no shortage of them. Its all good, though: I'm always the first one to laugh :)

I'll put it in list format, only because I don't have the focus to make transitions:

1-- I made a new workout for myself not long after I arrived. Aanndd I went to TOWN with that baby! Coloured pens were used, highlighters were busted out, squiggly lines and double squiggly lines were drawn. It was a masterpiece!!! In addition to my kick-ass routine, I also included a weekly plan and goals, and some inspirational quotes to help me along on more challenging days.
I was soooo proud of it, and soooo excited to use it! So, after finishing my cardio and taking my little mini-break, I brought it out onto the gym floor just in time for weight-time. Then I sat down, looked at it, read and reread my cheesy words of encouragement and went straight to work. Amazing. Same thing the next day. I went into my bag to look for it after cardio except...it wasn't there. Fuck. I was pissed off. I hate that. I hate having to wing it because I left my workout at home, especially when I've crafted it so carefully; when all the days lead up and into each other and everything balances out in the end. But what can you do, right? Not really a big deal, in the Grand Scheme. I looked around when I got home and it wasn't there either. Then it hit me. Fuck. I couldn't remember picking it up off of the floor on that first day; I couldn't remember packing it into my bag either. I totally left it there. Sigh. Again, not a huge deal, right? I knew if I tried, I could remember most of it. It'd be a pain to write it out again (and by "pain", I mean "secret pleasure" lol), but sometimes that's just the way the cookie crumbles. So what if someone else now knows that "Rome wasn't built in a day" and that I think "EATING CLEAN" is important enough to put in caps. Its not like anyone would ever know it was mine, anways; its not like they'd ever have any way to trace it back to me; its not like they'd be able to pick me out as I follow the plan in their hands, to a T. Yesss. Still golden ;)

2--I play my music very loud. Very. So when a high school-aged girl started singing "Parachute" just as I was listening to it on my iPod on the bus one day, I wondered if it was a happy coincidence. I looked closer: she was singing the same lyrics that were playing in my ear, at the same time. No, it was def not a coincidence. We made eye contact and kind of smiled at each other, and I paused it and jokingly said "that loud, eh?". She nodded and kind of laughed too. I must say, it was a nice feeling: making that connection with a random girl on my way to work. It made my morning, in a big way :) Then it hit me: if she was standing a good 10ft away and could hear the song, that meant the people sitting near me could also hear it...which meant that they could also hear Spice Girls' "Mamma" when it had played just a few minutes before, and Whitney Houston's "Greatest Love of All" that had played just before that :l Def felt a little less cool at that moment.
Lucky it was my stop.
I was instantly cool again ;)

3--I almost got hit by a car. More than once. There was loud honking.
I still don't know which way to look lol. God help me when I come back to Toronto, I'll prob be even more disoriented.

4--I drank too much one night and was sick. Not a first lol, but it was def my first time being sick on the tube. Worst part? It happened about 3 seconds before the doors opened at my stop. Well, that was the "worst part" for the people still on the train. For me, it was the "best part" of the few hours that preceeded it lol. I felt better immediately :).

Hmmm.....ok, there are a few more, but I'm losing focus. And I want to watch Enchanted :)

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.