Saturday, April 10, 2010

the little things




I like silence.

I like not having to look at the time, not being in a rush--even if it means I run out of time in the end.

I like reading the newspaper instead of watching the news.

I like lazy mornings. I don't like going to the gym first thing: I like waiting until after breakfast, after my post-breakfast resting period, once I've done some things around the house and after my morning snack and second coffee.

I like it when I hang my laundry to dry more than when it gets put in the dryer. I like the way it feels on my skin; I like its rigidity, the shape it takes and seems to hold, even after I've been wearing it for a while.

I like opening a window to let in fresh air, even when its freezing outside.

I like the light that my lamp gives off more than the overhead fixture.

I like walking everywhere. I love it, actually.

I like raw veggies with garlic salt.

I like nights in.

I like movies in bed.

I like espresso--black. I like coffee--black.

I like being the first one awake and the last one to bed.

I like running.

I like how clean my hands feel when I've just finished trimming and filing my nails and cutting my cuticles; I love keeping my nails [too] short.

I like writing to my Blog.

I like texting people when they're in the next room, and then meeting up afterward :)

I like not having to think a lot so I can dream a lot. Even if my dreams are unrealistic. Especially if my dreams are unrealistic.

I like that feeling you get when you get home and its raining, after you've settled in and dried off and warmed up.

I like venturing out and returning home. Equally.

I like Hope. Even if its false.

I like singing. Even if its horrible, offensive and embarrassing ;)

I like not talking at all, but feeling like I've been doing so all day for all the things that have been spoken by my mind.

I like the sun.

I like loose-fitting men's t-shirts and big cardigans on top, coupled with my old-Adidas pants.

I like cities; I LOVE cities.

I like winks (not the leery kind).

I like thoughtfulness.

I like being surprised by people.



I like little things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.