I've written about losing a Love already. But I haven't written about losing a Friend. And truth be told, I lost a Friend. A Best Friend.
The whats, whys, wheres, hows, whens and whos aren't important.
Friends. We take them for granted sometimes. We forget about them, we put them on the back burner, whenever we start dating someone new. And then we turn to them, almost selfishly, when we need them because we know they'll always be there.
But sometimes they won't. And that's when it hits you. Like a ton of bricks. Like 10 tonnes of bricks. Friends really are the MOST important thing.
To be honest, I don't even know what to write in this blog. I don't think anything I can say can express what it is I'm feeling, the sense of loss that I experience, on a minute-ly basis. Relationships come and go--we've all learned that the hard way. But our friends are... Our friends are Everything.
And yes, I still have other friends. I have AMAZING friends, the best friends a girl could ask for. But I don't have This Friend. And This Friend was...she was also one of the best friends a girl could ask for. But now she's gone. I'd do anything to have her back...but its not that simple, I fear. Its not up to me. And it breaks my heart more and more everyday. I don't make friends easily, you see. Not because I can't--because I just don't. As anyone who knows me knows, I am a loner. A huge one. So letting someone in, becoming that close with someone, is a big deal for me; it means something to me. I don't take it with a grain of salt. Losing it, therefore, is that much more difficult.
I can't find any more words. So, cheesy as it may be, I'm going to turn to my friends Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder, Luther Vandross and Whitney Houston. Because they say it best. And nothing is better, than a Best.
PS--Love the harmonica
PPS- Check out the link, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGbnua2kSa8
PPPS--Yes, I am that cheesy.
"Thats What Friends Are For", Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder, Luther Vandross and Whitney Houston
And I never thought I'd feel this way
And as far as I'm concerned
I'm glad I got the chance to say
That I do believe I love you
And if I should ever go away
Well, then close your eyes and try to feel
The way we do today
And then if you can remember
Keep smilin', keep shinin'
Knowin' you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
For good times and bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for
Well, you came and opened me
And now there's so much more I see
And so by the way I thank you
Whoa, and then for the times when we're apart
Well, then close your eyes and know
These words are comin' from my heart
And then if you can remember, oh
Keep smiling, keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
In good times, in bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
Oh, that's what friends are for
Whoa... oh... oh... keep smilin', keep shinin'
Knowin' you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
For good times and bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for
Keep smilin', keep shinin'
Knowin' you can always count on me, oh, for sure
'Cause I tell you that's what friends are for
For good times and for bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for (That's what friends are for)
On me, for sure
That's what friends are for
Keep smilin', keep shinin'
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.