
(notice the UK way of writing the date)
Today I loved London. No--I LOVED London!!! It was a beautiful day--the sun was shining, the birds were chirping--ALL day!, the air was warm just when you needed it to be, the air was crisp just when you needed it to be, it didn't get dark until 9:00/ 21:00, all of the trees and flowers are in full bloom and everything looks full and lush and alive....amazing!!! Heavenly, actually. Better yet, perfect :) Sure, my day started out a bit rough: my teaching agency forgot a small detail when giving me directions to my school for the week, and I ended up walking god-knows-how-far before arriving, soaked in sweat (my bangs/ fringe were basically curly, lets put it that way), half an hour late. But it turned out to be but a minor glitch, and my day only got better from there. Its good to be back. I cannot wait for spring/ summer in this beautiful town. Beer gardens--that serve wine, of course--here I come!!!
There's another reason I have a certain spring in my step these days: my Mom is coming to visit on Thursday with my aunt/ Teta Silvija . This will undoubtedly be one of the highlights of this entire experience for me. I've even already thought of what I'll name the album that I'll post in commemoration of their visit. Are you ready? Ok, sure, but only a minute, its 10:13pm and I still haven't made/ had dinner yet. Ready? Cool. Here she goes: "Mom-Sac and T.S. Take L-Town!!!". How sick is that?!?! The best part is, is that I thought of it about 3 weeks a go. No joke lol. Yes children, I really am that hurting.
In any case, I can't wait. I'm stoked that spring has finally arrived; I'm stoked that London is more picturesque than ever; I'm stoked that....everything really. Its gonna be amazing. The Bailey's I bought for my Mom special from Ireland is chilling in the fridge as we speak, T.S. and I are in agreement that every night will be a drinking night (work the next day be damned!), and our week is almost entirely booked up with sightseeing, tours, museum trips and even "Macbeth" at The Globe. Can life get any better? Nope. It absolutely cannot.
Most of all, I'm stoked that my Mom is getting to experience this--all of this--finally. Anyone who knows my Mom knows that she gives up everything for us, and always has. Imagine the best mom in the whole entire universe--and now multiply it by 1 million. Now you're maybe in the vicinity of the area that my Mom occupies. We're down? She picks us up. We're sad? She cheers us up. We're broken? She fixes us. We're broke? She bails us out. We're...anything. And she's exactly what we need--even when we don't know what that is (especially when we don't know what that is, actually). And this week, its payback time! Wait--that sounded a little threatening.....errr, you know what I mean. This week, Mom gets to be the guest and I get the privilege of being her host. To be honest, I'm a little nervous: I know I could never do as good a job as her, that I could never even hope to fill her shoes. But, the way I see it, no one can be as good as their mom--its impossible. Or maybe I just say that to make myself feel better. In any case, I'll give it my best effort. Because my Mom deserves it. She deserves it All, actually. And while I can't give her All, I can give her all that I can give.
And I will.
3 more days!!! I can't wait! Bring on the booze, the boisterousness and everything Brit. And don't forget the teanne crumpets, too!!! ;) I'll be waiting :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.